About Me

My photo
i own a little vintage shop on the south coast by the sea, or at vintagepersempre.com. im married and we have a beautiful baby girl. i like going for walks on cold sunny days and trashy reality tv. i love small boutiques, markets and big city centers. im slightly dyslexic so you'll have to ignore my poor spelling, and i rarely use capital letters. my music taste is so varied, from country to screamo, oh and musicals. i love song lyrics, pretty photographs and modern art. i have many guilty pleasures and im really not very cool. im obsessed with drawings and tattoos of birds, but im genuinely terrified of real life ones. i guess you can read on to find out more (:

Monday 12 March 2012

meet louise.

i've mentioned her before but have never dedicated a blog to my favourite artist Louise Dear.


She is a free spirited woman who aged 21 bought an old ambulance, painted it pink and travelled round the world with her boyfriend for seven years. jealous!


isn't she amazing!?
and this is my favourite piece 'yum yum' (:

'my fabulous adventures continue to inspire my work creating paintings which are vibrant, passionate and full of romance.
ideas & inspirations i learnt from the beginning; to walk barefoot on the grass. to hear the melody in the crashing waves or the woodland leaves rattling in the spring breeze.
to be caressed by warm sun on bare flesh and absorb the colours of the sunset whether reflected on wet shores or urban landscapes. the blossoming of a bloom, the patchwork fields and the delicious smell of my lover snuggled next to me.
these sensations absorb me and feel like melted chocolate trickling down the back of my throat.'


check out more of her work on her website, its well worth a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment